Wednesday, December 5, 2012

I am From Poem


I am from where you would most expect it
From many majestic maple trees
Inside our cozy complex
I am from viciously eating hot pancakes on the table
To the refreshing walks to school
I am from frigid cold ice rinks
From dedication and perfect practice makes perfect
I am from tremendous victories and devastating, demeaning, defeats
From warm, spring downfall
To scorching summer heat on my late July birthday
I am from succulent, cimamony, homemade apple pie
I am from loving, large, family get togethers
And silently listening to the Beatles soothingly
              On those long, friendly drives with my dad     
So many moments I was glad to have had
I am from many Playoff disappointments
And the rare miraculous comeback
I am from working with 110% effort until my brain is jello coming out of my ears
From a clink when we are saying Cheers
To the relaxing feel of a PlayStation controller in my hand on a weekend morning
I am from good night pumpkin
Fist pumps with my dad
And not to mention
I am from my little childhood bedroom on the 3rd floor

No comments:

Post a Comment